Call for tenders: Preparation of programme and organisation of event
Gothenburg and Stockholm, 1-3 October 2018
The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung, Brussels Office is currently developing its new strategic focus on the Nordic countries, as part of the organisation's regional strategy for Europe. Our organisation has a long tradition of working with progressive political actors, trade unions, left-oriented civil society groups and academics in Scandinavia. We wish to build upon this by establishing long-term collaborative relationships with partner organisations to further our mutual interests. As part of this strategy, we are planning a fact finding visit to Sweden, 1-3 October 2018 to:
- Familiarise ourselves with the work of partners and discuss potential for future cooperation,
- Discuss current challenges and opportunities for progressive politics in Sweden,
- Gauge ideas for future long-term cooperation on specific activities and for developing strategies for joint, comprehensive responses to neoliberal policies and the emerging hegemony of right-wing political actors,
- Proffer networking opportunities with the Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung broadly, the German party Die Linke as well as European Left Party and GUE/NGL group in the European Parliament.
The tender is for a service to prepare and implement a three-day visit to Gothenburg and Stockholm. In addition, a short formal report should be prepared for the Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung website after the event.
- Fluency in English
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Swedish political landscape, parliamentary and non-parliamentary left, trade unions and movements
- Excellent local knowledge (event venues, catering, accommodation etc. in Gothenburg and Stockholm)
- Very good, proven knowledge and skills in the independent organisation of events
- Very good communication skills
This contract of work and services is not renewable.
Terms of reference:
Preparation of programme:
- Prepare the programme for a three-day visit to Gothenburg and Stockholm, in coordination with the responsible project manager in Brussels
- Arrange meetings with politicians, trade unions, think tanks, academics, NGOs s and social movements
Organisation of delegation visit (in line with our tendering guidelines and in coordination with the responsible project manager):
- Arrange for a suitable venue for meetings and catering for the duration of the stay
- Arrange translation services
- Coordinate registration and travel for participants
- Book accommodation for participants
Communication with participants before and during the event:
- Disseminate important information to members of delegation (travel, accommodation, directions to venue/hotel, programme and other vital information
- Support the smooth implementation of the meetings conference (including set up of meeting room, catering, support for signatures lists etc.)
After the visit:
- Preparation of a brief summary of visit of about 1,000 words, in English, by 29 November 2018
- Invoice to the Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung after completion of all tasks
Please send your comprehensive CV specifying how you meet the profile criteria and a financial proposal by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is Wednesday, 13 June 2018, 17:00 hours CET.