Call for Tenders: “Brexit Blog” writer and coordinator
In January 2019, Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung, Brussels Office will launch a new political blog to monitor the impending exit of the UK from the European Union, known as “Brexit”, and its consequences. We seek a blog writer and coordinator to report on the real-term effects as well as the changing perceptions of Brexit among the left in the UK, Europe and further afield. The blog caters for political and civil society actors as well as wider publics both sides of the Channel.
The tender is for a service to coordinate the blog in close collaboration with the responsible staff at Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung Brussels; to author a minimum of 25 analyses and other types of creative content, in regular intervals throughout 2019; and to invite a minimum of 15-25 guest commentaries.
- Demonstrated experience in blogging/publishing journalistic texts in English.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the UK political landscape, parliamentary and non-parliamentary left, including trade unions, social movements and grassroots activism.
- Good knowledge of the political, institutional, social and economic aspects of “Brexit” including left actors in different European countries.
- Strong political instincts.
- Very good, proven ability to work independently and toward deadlines.
- Very good communication skills.
- Ability to respond quickly to new dynamics/topics.
- Identification with the aims of Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung.
What we offer:
- Work independently on a highly topical issue as it unfolds.
- Collaborate with one of the biggest left-wing organisations globally.
- Contract of work and services as specified in Terms of reference (below).
- A total of €12,000 including taxes for all services agreed, paid in twelve installments. Each installment payable after client’s receipt of: (1) partial service as contractually agreed; (2) documentation (report) of partial service; (3) invoice.
- Coverage of additional expenses in connection with fulfillment of services is possible.
Applicants are advised that renewal of this contract of work and services is currently not envisaged.
Terms of reference:
Coordination of blog
- Finalise blog concept in close collaboration with the responsible project coordinator and PR manager at RLS Brussels Office.
- Identify content and format of entries, work closely and regularly with the responsible project coordinator and PR manager at RLS Brussels Office.
- Guarantee regular posts with approximately one to two blog entries per week throughout 2019, alternating analysis, commentary and other formats.
- Identify and invite suitable guest contributions/commentaries to reflect diverse perspectives among the left on “Brexit” and its consequences in the UK, Europe and globally. Guest contributors receive a fixed honorarium to be paid by RLS Brussels.
- Preparation of a brief report on service completed (1,000 words), in English, by 15 December 2019.
- Author a minimum of 25 analyses and other creative content, on average 2-3 per month over the course of 2019.
- Other formats may include, but are not limited to, portraits, interviews, videos, podcasts (written contributions of around 2,000 words each; multimedia usually no longer than 6 minutes).
- Topics and formats reflect the foci identified in collaboration with RLS Brussels.
After completion of services
- Invoice to Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung after completion of agreed services on a monthly basis.
Please send your comprehensive CV specifying how you meet the profile criteria plus three suitable writing samples by email to email@example.com. Deadline is Wednesday, 14 November 2018, 13:00 hours CET. Only applicants invited for interview will be notified by Wednesday, 21 November 2018. Skype interviews are scheduled for week beginning 26 November 2018.
The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung is an internationally operating, left non-profit organisation for civic education affiliated with Germany’s “Die Linke” (Left Party). Active since 1990, the foundation has been committed to the analysis of social and political processes and developments worldwide. We work for a just world system based on international solidarity.