Vacancy: Project Manager in Madrid
The Brussels Office of the Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung is looking for a Project Manager (full-time, permanent) with responsibility for activities in Portugal and Spain. The position is located in the Madrid liaison office. Starting is 01 January 2019.
The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung is a German political foundation that operates both nationally and internationally. In keeping with its eponym, it is committed to the thought and action of the socialist Rosa Luxemburg. We work for peace, democracy, social justice and democratic socialism.
The Oficina de Enlace Madrid reports to the Brussels Office and is in charge of the work of Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung in Spain and Portugal. Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung acts as both think tank and political education organization. Our work supports activities that critically engage with the European Union and its policies, in particular trade, climate, and migration policies. In collaboration with partners, we also develop alternative European integration strategies.
Your tasks include:
- preparing, implementing and evaluating the content and organisation of events and managing their funding;
- preparing reports and full documentation of events, materials, and performing publicity work;
- cooperating with institutions, NGOs, and other partners of the office;
- supporting partners in the preparation of studies, including administration and full documentation;
- researching and reviewing topics and regional core themes; preparing analyses and texts on regional issues;
- performing general office tasks.
What we require:
- relevant academic background;
- advanced knowledge of Portuguese politics;
- a very good command of spoken and written Spanish and English, Portuguese is a plus;
- demonstrated experience in organization of events;
- excellent computer skills;
- identification with the values of the Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung;
- intercultural competence; communication and organisation skills, team spirit;
- ability to quickly adapt to new circumstances;
- experience in international cooperation outside the European area is an advantage.
You are highly committed and willing to learn new things. You enjoy communicating with our partners, parliamentarians and government offices from all over the world and supervising or supporting projects in and beyond Europe.
What we offer:
- a diverse field of responsibility with great potential for creativity and development and the opportunity to experience new things;
- an international environment;
- remuneration according to the local standard applicable in Madrid.
Please send your detailed application, in German or English, by e-mail and by 25 November 2018, to:
The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung pursues an equal opportunities policy.
We do not confirm receipt of applications.