Call for tenders: Editorial team
The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung is an internationally operating, left non-profit organisation for civic education affiliated with Germany’s “Die Linke”. Active since 1990, the foundation has been committed to the analysis of social and political processes and developments worldwide. We work for a just world system based on international solidarity.
The tender is for a service to prepare a publication about “Urban Transformation”. The successful bidder is expected to coordinate all steps needed to prepare the manuscripts.
The final documents must be delivered ready to be sent out directly for proof reading and language editing before layout.
The Global Working Group “Beyond Development” was established in 2016 in cooperation with Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung Brussels Office. It brings together around 30 political activists and academics from five continents, representing a wide range of social-cultural struggles. It aims to build ecologically sustainable, radically democratic and economically viable alternatives to the exploitative modes of living that are engendered by global capitalism.
The editorial group will consist of three persons with separate contracts.
Terms of references:
- Creating a concept and common analytical framework for the publication in coherence with the debates and purposes of the Global Working Group;
- Gathering contributions by different authors concerning case studies of successful urban transformation around the world which respond to this analytical framework;
- Writing an introduction;
- Writing a collective book chapter which reflects the Group debates on the basis of the case studies during the 3 meeting of the Global Working Group in Barcelona in April 2018 and the refers to the state of the art of urban transformation debates;
- Guaranteeing successful interaction between language editors, proof readers and authors of the case studies until the texts are ready for layout.
What we offer:
- Contract of work and services as specified with Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung Brussels.
- A total of €3.000 per contract including taxes for all services agreed, paid in 1 installment.
- Experience in collaborative work across continents and coordination
- Publication and editorial experience:
- Knowledge of the debates of the Global Working Group “Beyond Development” around urban transformation;
- Knowledge of previous debates of the Global Working Group “Beyond Development” and its publications.
- Duration of contract is 1st February 2019 until 1st August 2019.
- This contract is not renewable.
After completion of services:
- Invoice to Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung after completion of agreed services.
Please send your comprehensive CV specifying how you meet the profile criteria by email to Andreas.Thomsen@rosalux.org. Deadline is Wednesday, 16th January 2019, 13:00 hours CET.