Call for Tenders: Authors for the 2019 European Parliament election
The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung is a German political foundation that is active in Germany and abroad. Its work is based on the ideas and actions of its namesake, the socialist activist Rosa Luxemburg. We work to promote peace, democracy, social justice and democratic socialism.
The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung, Brussels Office is seeking authors for a collection of texts on this year's European Parliament election. The aim is to give an overview of the political situation in selected EU Member States, with particular reference to European policy, and to present the positions and strategies of left-wing actors as well as the key political challenges facing these countries. The texts should be descriptive in nature, with a particular focus on the European left.
An initial text describing the situation in the country in the run-up to the election will be followed by an analysis of the election and the political outlook after the election. The intention is to publish texts by a range of authors covering a total of ten EU Member States. This call concerns articles for the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Greece, Hungary, Slovenia and Spain.
- You have country-specific knowledge of the political and party-political situation and the political left in the country concerned;
- You have a sound understanding of EU-related policy and current political debates, with particular reference to European integration;
- You have experience in writing journalistic texts, preferably in connection with left-wing organisations.
- You will need to produce two texts on one of the countries, according to the criteria set out in the project description above in German or English;
- The texts should be 10,000 to 15,000 characters in length (1,500 to 2,200 words);
- The deadline for the first text, on the situation in the run-up to the European Parliament election, is 8 April 2019;
- The deadline for the second text, analysing the election and its outcome, is 15:00 PM (CET) on 27 May 2019.
What we offer:
- Contract of work and services as specified with Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung Brussels;
- A total of €800,00 for both texts;
- Cost coverage for translation and online layout;
- Cost coverage for printing in case of a printed version.
Please send your comprehensive CV specifying how you meet the profile criteria by email in German or English by 11 February 2019, 13:00 (CET) by e-mail to:
Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung, Brussels Office
Alexandra Spaeth, PR Manager
For further information please contact Alexandra Spaeth at the specified address.