Call for applications for a service contract
A progressive Covid19 exit strategy!
The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung (RLS) is a German political foundation associated with the German left party “Die Linke”. RLS considers itself part of the political movement for democratic socialism and are a discussion forum for left progressive political alternatives with offices in Germany, Europe and worldwide. Our new office in London has recently been set up and we are working with over 20 different left organizations from across the UK and Ireland.
We are currently living through one of the most severe social, health and economic crises in generations. Covid19 has put society to a standstill, cost tens of thousands of lives and threatened millions of livelihoods. What’s more, because of the pandemic the threat of a recession hangs over our national and global economies. The backdrop to this is a decade of austerity which has led to many essential services being cut and many working people suffering. A left coordinated strategy is imperative to ensure that working people do not pay the price for Coronavirus through another decade of austerity.
The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung’s London office intends to award a service contract to one organization for building a progressive Covid19 exit strategy. The project should bring in different stakeholders and organizations from across the left, undertake policy work, research and a communications strategy. The aim is to analyze the current political situation and develop a framework and concrete policies for a strategy coming out of this immediate crisis, taking into the account the severe challenges facing our society in the near future. We are interested in learning the lessons from both the last few years and the experiences of the Covid19 pandemic itself. What has Covid19 taught us as a society? What are the most severe challenges and what opportunities can we see? What demands should the left be making? What does a progressive Covid19 exit strategy look like?
The project should include different stages and activities:
- Analyzing the current situation and mapping of existing work in different areas of action
- Establish discussion groups and write expert papers on policy options
- Ongoing communication to increase participatory engagement
- Publication of a report and conference to present and discuss the outcomes and concrete recommendation.
Expected qualification of the contractor
- Excellent knowledge of the UK left and ability to engage a broad range of stakeholders and organizations
- Experience in research, policy development and political communications
- Expertise in economics
- Identification with values and aims of the Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung.
There is 22.000 Euro available for this project.
- End of offer period: 9 June, 2020, 23:59
- Awarding of the best offer: 11 June, 2020
- Contract period: 15 June, 2020 – 31 September, 2020
To apply please send a project proposal (max 3 pages), budget and timeline to Deborah.email@example.com by the 8th of June 2020. Please also include information about your organization and those who would be involved in the project.
All applications sent in by the deadline will be considered through the following evaluation criteria: Proposal (60%), Qualification/Expertise (40%)