Project Manager in part-time to work in Brussels
The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung's Brussels Office is looking for a
Project Manager in part-time (50%), fixed-term contract until 31 December 2021
to work in Brussels, ideally starting on 1 January 2021.
Who are we?
The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung (RLS) is a German political foundation that operates both nationally and internationally. It is committed to the thought and action of the socialist activist Rosa Luxemburg whose name it bears. We work to promote peace, democracy, social justice and democratic socialism.
The foundation's Brussels Office focuses on critically monitoring European Union (EU) policy and contributing to the development of alternative strategies for European integration. We are looking for a Project Manager to support our activities.
Within our Brussels Office, you will support various projects carried out with our partners in Western Europe, focusing on our projects in the Scandinavian region. The RLS Brussels Office carries out projects in Denmark, Sweden and Finland in cooperation with local partner organisations. You will help us build and support networks of experts and activists from various countries, thereby contributing to the development of alternative policy blueprints for Europe.
Your responsibilities will include
- providing administrative support for the planning, implementation and evaluation of events and other projects;
- overseeing accounting and documentation for projects in Scandinavia and other Western European countries;
- compiling reports and comprehensive documentation for events as well as materials and articles for publicity purposes;
- cooperating with institutions, non-governmental organisations and other partners of the Brussels Office.
- Relevant academic background
- Very good knowledge of the EU, its institutions and current political debates as well as its economic and political development, experience in project management and event organisation, especially in cooperation with NGOs, political parties, parliamentary groups, social movements and other political/policy and civil society stakeholders
- Very good knowledge of German and English, both spoken and written
- Excellent IT skills
- Identification with the values represented by the RLS
- Intercultural competence, organisational and communication skills and the ability to work in a team
- An ability to get to grips quickly with new subject matter
- Experience of international cooperation outside Europe would be an asset.
You are highly committed and willing to learn new things. You enjoy communicating with our partners and with parliamentarians and government agencies around the world as well as managing or supporting projects throughout Europe.
What we offer you
- A diverse role with great potential for creativity and development, giving you the chance to experience something new every day
- The opportunity to work in an international environment
- A salary commensurate with similar positions in Brussels
Please email your detailed job application in English or German by 31 October 2020 to:
Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung, Brussels Office
Andreas Thomsen, Head of Office
Receipt of applications will not be acknowledged.
– The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung is an equal opportunities employer. –