Call for Tenders
Coordination of reports, analyses, debates on political developments in France
The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung is an internationally operating, left non-profit organisation for civic education affiliated with Germany’s “Die Linke”. Active since 1990, the foundation has been committed to the analysis of social and political processes and developments worldwide. We work for a just world system based on international solidarity.
The tender is for a service to coordinate our online series «A Season in Hell» of reports on French contemporary politics and to author a report on French politics with a focus on progressive civil society organisations.
More info: www.rosalux.eu/a-season-in-hell
The Brussels Office of Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung is active in 13 European countries whose political landscapes and histories differ substantially across the regions. The present project aims to contribute to an improved knowledge and understanding of French politics among political and civil society actors as well as wider publics particularly in France’s European neighbouring countries. In a loose series of online reports and analyses, it seeks to identify common political challenges for left and progressive political forces in Europe.
The series will pay particular attention to a) the political (far) right, b) the French party system, c) key discussions/challenges among the French political left, d) protest movements (e.g., the “gilets jaunes”). The concept should be amended in response to political developments and/or other project needs in agreement with RLS Brussels. Contributions will be invited from both French and international authors.
- Demonstrated publishing / editorial experience;
- Comprehensive knowledge of the French political landscape, parliamentary and non-parliamentary left, including trade unions, social movements and grassroots activism;
- Comprehensive knowledge of debates on European politics;
- Strong political instincts, team work skills and international experience;
- Very good, proven ability to work independently and toward deadlines;
- Very good communication skills;
- Ability to respond quickly to new dynamics/topics;
- Identification with the aims of Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung.
What we offer
- Work independently on a highly topical issue as it unfolds;
- Contract of work and services for the duration 1 January 2021–31 December 2021;
- €21,600 excluding VAT for services agreed, paid in 4 installments.
Terms of reference
1. Coordination of online publication series
- Create a concept and common analytical framework for online publication series on French politics, in close collaboration with RLS Brussels Office.
- Identify and invite suitable contributions (content and format) to reflect a range of perspectives among the left, both from within France and abroad. Guest contributors receive a fixed honorarium to be paid by RLS Brussels.
- Manage all aspects of publishing, including communication with authors, copy-editing, coordination of proof-reading/translations, managing of administrative/financial aspects with authors.
- Publish and circulate all reports in close collaboration with the PR manager at RLS Brussels.
2. Supporting cooperation projects in France
After completion of services
- Invoice to Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung after completion of agreed services (4 instalments, specific services/dates TBA).
Please send your comprehensive CV specifying how you meet the profile criteria by email to Andreas Thomsen, Head of Office RLS Brussels: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should be submitted in English. Deadline is Friday, 6 November 2020, 13:00 hours CET.