Job Vacancy: Office Manager and Accountant in Madrid
permanent, full-time position
The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung's Brussels Office is looking for an Office Manager and Accountant (permanent, full-time position) to work in its Madrid Liaison Office, starting on 1 May 2021.
The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung (RLS) is a German political foundation that operates both nationally and internationally. It is committed to the thought and action of the socialist activist Rosa Luxemburg whose name it bears. We work to promote peace, democracy, social justice and democratic socialism.
The foundation's Brussels Office and its Liaison Office in Madrid focus on critically monitoring European Union (EU) policy and contributing to the development of alternative strategies for European integration. The Madrid Liaison Office is responsible for the foundation's work in Spain and Portugal.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Organising technical and administrative aspects of the office's work (contract management, office communication etc.)
- accounting (account assignment, posting, payment transactions; payroll accounting)
- Supervision of financial implementation of the activities
- Providing organisational and administrative support for project implementation, including the supervision of compliance with the funding guidelines.
- Helping with budget preparation;
- Supporting operational controlling.
- Qualified office administrator with accounting experiences or equivalent expertise;
- Good knowledge of Spanish and English; knowledge of German an advantage;
- Knowledge and practical experience of traditional bookkeeping;
- Identification with the RLS's values;
- Working experience in an international context, organisational and communication skills and the ability to work in a team.
You are highly committed and willing to learn new things. You enjoy communicating with government agencies, parliamentarians, authorities and our partners around the world, explaining to them how we work and what we can and cannot do.
What we offer you:
- A varied role with great potential for creativity and development, giving you the chance to experience something new every day;
- The opportunity to work in an international environment;
- A salary commensurate with similar positions in Madrid.
Applications must be in English or German and should be sent to us by email (please indicate your salary expectations). The closing date for applications is 31 March 2021.
Please send your application to Andreas Thomsen: firstname.lastname@example.org
The RLS is committed to countering existing social inequalities by taking positive steps to prevent or compensate for disadvantages.
Receipt of applications will not be acknowledged.