Call for Tenders: Coordination of analyses on political developments in France
The tender is for a service to coordinate our online series «A Season in Hell» of reports on French contemporary politics, organise a related event, and to author a report on how the political landscape with a focus on the left will develop in France after the election.
More information on the project can be found here: www.rosalux.eu/a-season-in-hell
The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung is an internationally operating, left non-profit organisation for civic education affiliated with Germany’s “Die Linke”. Active since 1990, the foundation has been committed to the analysis of social and political processes and developments worldwide. We work for a just world system based on international solidarity.
About the Project
The Brussels Office of Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung is active in 13 European countries whose political landscapes and histories differ substantially across the regions. The present project aims to contribute to an improved knowledge and understanding of French politics among political and civil society actors as well as wider publics particularly in France’s European neighbouring countries. In an online series of political analyses, interviews, and/or videos, it seeks to identify common political challenges for left and progressive political forces in Europe.
The series will pay particular attention to the EU Council Presidency, the 2022 French presidential election and the Legislative elections, key discussions among the French political left on feminism, the political (far) right, the French party system, extra-parliamentary actors such as trade unions and protest movements. The concept should be amended in response to political developments and/or other project needs in agreement with RLS Brussels. Contributions will be invited from both French and international authors. The contributors can come from different fields, such as politics, science and civil society. There should be gender parity among authors.
- Demonstrated publishing/editorial experience;
- Comprehensive knowledge of the French political landscape, parliamentary and non-parliamentary left, including trade unions, social movements and grassroots activism;
- Comprehensive knowledge of debates on European politics;
- Strong political instincts, team work skills and international experience;
- Very good, proven ability to work independently and toward deadlines;
- Very good communication skills;
- Ability to respond quickly to new dynamics/topics;
- Identification with the aims of Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung.
What we offer
- Work independently on a highly topical issue as it unfolds;
- Contract of work and services for the duration 1 January 2022–15 December 2022.
Terms of reference
1. Coordination of online publication series
- Create a concept and common analytical framework for online publication series on French politics, in close collaboration with RLS Brussels Office.
- Identify and invite suitable contributions (content and format) for six articles and two video interviews to reflect a range of perspectives among the left, both from within France and abroad. Guest contributors receive a fixed honorarium to be paid by RLS Brussels.
- Manage all aspects of publishing, including communication with authors, copy-editing, coordination of proof-reading/translations, managing of administrative/financial aspects with authors.
- Publish and circulate all reports in close collaboration with the responsible project manager at RLS Brussels.
RLS Brussels will take care of the translations. All articles will be published in German, English and French. The authors can submit the articles in English or French. The bidder must be able to edit English and French articles.
2. Organisation of an event
- An event with a maximum duration of two hours is to be planned, organised and carried out in cooperation with the responsible project manager. The event is to be held as a side event to the online series to promote the articles on the website. The event will take place online as a webinar. The topic and the panelists will be determined in consultation with RLS Brussels.
After completion of services
- Invoice to Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung after completion of agreed services (4 instalments, specific services/dates TBA).
Please send your comprehensive CV specifying how you meet the profile criteria and your remuneration proposal in euros without VAT by email to Nessim Achouche, Project Manager: Nessim.Achouche@rosalux.org. Applications should be submitted in English. Deadline is Monday, 13 December 2021, 13:00 CET.
All offers received are weighed according to the following criteria:
Experience with left-wing actors