The Rosa Luxemburg Foundation is a partner of the Beyond Growth Conference
European Parliament, Brussels, May 15-17
The Beyond Growth Conference is a multi-stakeholder event aiming to discuss and co-create policies for sustainable prosperity in Europe, based on a systemic and transformative approach to economic, social and environmental sustainability and its encompassing governance framework. It is an initiative of twenty MEPs and will involve stakeholders from European and national policy-making, academia, social partners and civil society organizations.
The Rosa Luxemburg Foundation is organising one focus panel in partnership with the Veblen Institutem which is taking place on Wednesday, 16 May, 2.30- 4.30pm:
Trade for Sustainable Development
- James Shaw, Minister of Climate Change, New Zealand (video message)
- Prof Olivier de Schutter, United Nations’ Special Rapporteur on Extreme Poverty and Human Rights
- Jean-Marie Paugam, Deputy Director-General, World Trade Organization
- Amandine Van den Berghe, Value Chains, Trade & Investment Lawyer/Juriste
- Pamela Coke-Hamilton, Executive Director of International Trade Center (ITC)
Moderated by MEP Helmut Scholz (The Left)
More information will follow soon!