Call for Proposals Preliminary Study EvoBus
The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung, a nationally and internationally active German political foundation, is committed to the thoughts and actions of its namesake, the socialist Rosa Luxemburg: We are committed to peace, democracy, social justice and democratic socialism.
The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung Brussels is looking for an author as soon as possible, for the preparation of a preliminary study "EvoBus and local connecting factors for a mobility industry".
The advancing climate change and the increasing emissions in the transport sector make it clear that we need a real mobility turnaround with affordable and ecological mobility for all. Of course, public transport must play a central role in this. The example of EvoBus GmbH, which operates as a wholly owned subsidiary of Daimler Truck AG, shows that growing demand does not mean job security for employees by a long shot. EvoBus is one of the last large bus end manufacturers in Germany. Until today, its employees have produced buses and coaches in a European network at the locations in Ulm/Neu-Ulm and Mannheim, and minibuses in Dortmund. EvoBus also has production sites in Spain, France, the Czech Republic and Turkey.
The preliminary study will examine which concrete points of entry exist in the various production locations in order to stimulate a discussion and networking of employees to build a mobility industry. This preliminary study is to be submitted by the end of November 2023. The preliminary study can be written in German or in English.
The following questions will be examined for the production sites in Spain, France, the Czech Republic and Turkey:
- Overview of the production of buses (breakdown of production for public transport/tour buses/other as far as possible) in and for the European market (import/export balances). And: Who are the leading companies in this?
- What is the status of the discussion at the different EvoBus production sites? What steps are planned by the company management?
- Which actors, e.g. unions, from the workers' side exist at the different production sites? What is their positioning?
- What concrete challenges do the actors at the different production sites face?
- What strategies do the actors at the different production sites propose to achieve the development of a mobility industry?
- Where can there be starting points for a joint approach of the actors to prevent the loss of jobs, to secure jobs and to build up a mobility industry?
- knowledge and contacts to the employees of the different production sites
- in-depth knowledge of the bus industry, the development of an international mobility industry, the international integration of value chains, and the problem of relocations
- Demonstrable corresponding publication activity in the environment of left organisations
- Knowledge of and contacts with employees at the various production sites (20%).
- in-depth knowledge of the bus industry, the development of an international mobility industry, the international integration of value chains, the problems of relocation (40%)
- demonstrable corresponding publication activity in the environment of left organisations (40%)
- Preparation of a preliminary study based on the above-mentioned project description.
A remuneration of 4,000 EUR (including taxes).
Please send meaningful applications in German or English by 31 March 2023 at 6 pm (CET) to: Manuela Kropp email@example.com