Call for applications Author Brochure Mobility Turnaround
The Rosa Luxemburg Foundation, a nationally and internationally active German political foundation, is committed to the thoughts and actions of its namesake, the socialist Rosa Luxemburg: We are committed to peace, democracy, social justice and democratic socialism.
The Rosa Luxemburg Foundation Brussels is looking for an author as soon as possible, for the creation of a brochure on the topic "Mobility Turnaround".
The Rosa Luxemburg Foundation Brussels would like to publish a compact brochure for interested parties, highlighting best practice examples from the field of mobility transition in urban and rural areas, as well as local transport transition initiatives working to expand public transport or cycling and walking. This brochure will discuss examples from the Global South and the Global North. Representatives from the different regions of the world will be brought into dialogue with each other at a launch event. Examples are countries and cities like Brazil (municipality Maricá, Brazilian state of Rio de Janeiro), Jakarta, Mexico City, Tallinn, Vienna, Barcelona, Spain, Paris, Copenhagen. The specific selection will be determined together with RLS.
In the meantime, there are numerous examples of approaches to a successful mobility turnaround: Public transport at reduced prices; public transport at zero fare; cities that have implemented traffic calming measures; cities that have massively expanded public transport; countries that have well connected rural areas; countries and cities with transport turnaround movements that question local and global mobility policies and demand more solidarity as well as ecological and social sustainability.
The different examples will be discussed under these aspects:
- With which social alliances were these successes achieved?
- How was funding secured?
- What measures were taken to push back car traffic?
- What measures were taken to expand public transport or rail transport or bicycle transport?
- What are the approaches of local transport turnaround movements? How do they formulate their demands? How do they involve the local population in their work?
The brochure is to be written in English. The text should be available by the end of October 2023 at the latest. The length of the brochure should not exceed 222,000 characters (including spaces). The brochure should be written in an easy-to-understand, journalistic style.
Knowledge of the topic of mobility transition in cities and rural areas; knowledge of the discussion on public transport for zero fares and its financing; demonstrable publications in this field; demonstrable publications in the environment of left-wing organizations.
- Knowledge of the topic of mobility transition in cities and rural areas; knowledge of the discussion on public transport at zero fares and its financing (30%)
- demonstrable publications in the field of mobility transition (30%)
- demonstrable publications in the environment of left-wing organizations (40%)
Writing a brochure based on the project description above.
A salary in the amount of 6,000 EUR (including taxes).
Please send your detailed application to Manuela Kropp email@example.com by April 20, 2023 at 6 pm (CET).