Call for tenders – Facilitation of meeting and coordination of network
Network of land workers and migrants in Europe
Under the auspices of the Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung Brussels Office, the Network of land workers and migrants in Europe is convening for its founding meeting to exchange experiences and foster mutual understanding of migrant seasonal workers and identify common solutions at the national or EU and international level. The meeting will take place in Almería, Spain, 6-8 July 2018.
The tender is for a service to develop a methodology to support the working group meeting, to prepare the meeting, to facilitate the meeting on 6-8 July 2018, to coordinate the work of the Network of land workers and migrants and to write a summary of the results.
About the network
The Network of land workers and migrants in Europe will be a platform for land workers and experts that are involved in fighting exploitation in the rural sector. It aims at strengthening coordination, exchange, mutual assistance and international action among organizations and migrants in rural areas, within the movement of the rural women's movement. It promotes food sovereignty and for the respect of the rights of seasonal workers and the equality of the rights of migrants.
It strengthens grassroots organizations by bringing together seasonal and migrant people in rural areas in Europe. To promote the organization of seasonal and rural migrant collectives in the agricultural production basins where there are no active grassroots organizations.
- Development of a suitable methodology to enable a process of critical knowledge production and exchange of experiences, in close cooperation with the group coordinator at Rosa Luxemburg Foundation, Brussels Office
- Facilitation of the Network of land workers and migrants in Europe
- Identification and linking of representatives from core organizations who will deal with exchanges
- Organizing the meeting in Almería, 6-8 July 2018
- Determining the type and extent of information to be exchanged
- Research, collection, systematization and sharing of information.
- Platform planning, evaluation and general monitoring meetings and meetings
- Development of proposals for the continuation of the trading platform and its use for the strengthening organizations, supporting struggles and disseminating content coordination with other networking experiences (with researchers, researchers, etc.) activists, trade unions, NGOs, ad hoc campaigns and others)
- Profound knowledge on the topic
- Good knowledge of relevant stakeholders (e.g. La Via Campesina, SOC SAT)
- Experience with facilitating discussion groups
- Very good team working skills
Duration of contract is 1 July 2018 until 1 February 2019. This contract is not renewable. The successful applicant should be awarded a total of € 10.000 (VAT not included), paid in three installments over the contract period.
Bidders are invited to send a comprehensive CV specifying how they meet the profile by email to email@example.com.
Deadline is 28 June 2018 18:00 hours CET.