After the Euro-Demonstration: Which road-map for European social movements and trade unions out of the crisis?
With representatives of European trade unions and social movements, and left-wing political representatives
Time: Tuesday, 28th Sept. 2010, 19:00 - 21:00
Venue: García Lorca Centre, 47-49 Rue des Foulons, 1000 Brussels - Tram Stop Annessens (between Bourse and Gare du Midi)
Organisation: Transform! Brussels
Contact: Anna Striethorst, Tel. 02-7387665
- Begoña Del Castillo, Secretary Europe, Comisiones Obreras, Spain;
- Jean-Michel Joubier, Secretary Europe CGT, France;
- Nico Cué (tbc), Secretary Metallurgy Wallonie-Bruxelles, FGTB, Belgium;
- Carmen Hilario, European Left Party, GUE-NGL, Bloco de Esquerda, Portugal;
- Christophe Ventura, Parti de Gauche, France;
- Roberto Musacchio, former Member of the European Parliament, Sinistra e Liberta, Italy
For the first time since the beginning of the current crisis of 2008, Europena European trade unions are calling for a Europe-wide demonstration on the 29th of September 2010. The demonstration aims at showing the trade unions opposition to austerity plans. In Spain, a general strike will take place at the same day - against a labour reform, and the European Social Forum mobilises to bringing back the social question into to the EU agenda.
> representatives of trade unions (Comisiones Obreras from Spain, CGT France, FGTB Belgium);
> transform!europe member organisations (Roumania, Greece, Austria, Germany);
> representatives of the European Left Party;
> members of GUE/NGL group (European Parliament).