Beyond Development - Alternative visions from Latin America
Time: Saturday, 12 October 2013, 9.00 pm (evening)
Venue: Social & Cultural Centre "Anoihti Poli", Panepistimiou 56, Athens, 1st floor, Athens
Organization: Magazine for environment and ecology issues "Oikotrives" (http://oikotrives.wordpress.com/) and Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Brussels and Athens
Contact: Ioanna Meitani, RLS Athens
Edgardo Lander, one of the authors of the book "Beyond development" of the Permanent Working Group on Alternatives for Development, will be present at the "Energy conference" in Athens, 10.-12. October 2013 and present the just published book on Saturday, 12th of October. The book contains articles by Alberto Acosta, Eduardo Gudynas, Miriam Lang and others, and the translation of the book was organized by Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Quito and Transnational Institute. ISBN (paperback): 978-90-70563-24-0 (August 2013).
Download of book
- Prologue: Crisis of civilisation and challenges for the left (Miriam Lang)
- Debates on development and its alternatives in Latin America. A brief heterodox guide (Eduardo Gudynas)
- Critiques and alternatives to development: a feminist perspective (Margarita Aguinaga, Miriam Lang, Dunia Mokrani, Alejandra Santillana)
- Extractivism and neoextractism: two sides of the same curse (Alberto Acosta)
- Complementary and conflicting transformation projects in heterogeneous societies (Edgardo Lander)
- The role of the state and public policies in processes of transformation (Ulrich Brand)
- Resource extractivism and alternatives: Latin American perspectives on development (Maristella Svampa)
- Buen Vivir as a model for state and economy (Raúl Prada)
- Decolonisation and dismantling patriarchy in order to ‘live well’ (Elisa Vega)
- Transitions to post-extractivism: directions, options, areas of action (Eduardo Gudynas)
Originally the book was published in Spanish ‘Mas alla del desarrollo’ by Fundación Rosa Luxemburg, Abya Yala Ediciones in November 2011.
Download Spanish book here.