CETA-TTIP - Training for Campaigners in Spain
The Spanish campaign "No al TTIP, CETA, TiSA" (www.noalttip.org) organises a training on TTIP and CETA in Madrid, supported by the Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung, Brussels Office. At the moment, the campaign focuses on activities against CETA, the free trade agreement between the EU and Canada, which the EU Commission intends to conclude this year. The danger is that with CETA, investor protection, also negotiated in TTIP, would be already institutionalised.
Objectives of the training in Spain are:
- Conduct training for activists to dismantle the discourse on the supposed “reform” in CETA and TTIP, ISDS
- Conduct adequate training for the participants to give lectures and trainings in their local groups and regions
- Inform activists and the most active members of the national campaign “No al TTIP, CETA, TiSA” about the consolidated CETA text and the state of the TTIP negotiations, and to expand their knowledge on potential impacts of the free trade agreements on specific sectors
- Discuss the positions of political parties (for and against), and improve, amplify and accentuate own arguments to increase the political and media impact of the campaign on decision-makers and public opinion
- Conduct practical training on verbal communication to facilitate more activists to defend the arguments against CETA and TTIP before governments, parliaments, public bodies, interest groups and in media interventions
- Practical training to be better prepared to face advocacy meetings with specific interest groups such as SMEs, municipal governments, agricultural organisations, parliamentary groups (both state and European), etc.
- Carry out a strategy meeting of the national campaign.
Organisers: National campaign “No al TTIP, CETA, TiSA” (Spain) and Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung, Brussels Office
Contact: Marlis Gensler, Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung, Brussels Office, marlis.gensler(at)rosalux(dot)org