Fossil Gas: pathway to a clean energy future or route to dangerous climate changes?
So-called "natural" gas is being sold by industry lobbyists as a "transition fuel" and "partner" to renewables. Yet new fossil gas infrastructure is driving dangerous climate change and won't keep us within a safe and fair carbon budget. Hear the facts – and how people are resisting on the Ground.
- Prof. Kevin Anderson, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Jagoda Munich, Director, FOEE, Brussels
- Lise Masson and Becky Daniels, UKYCC, UK
- Belen Balanya and Pascoe Sabido, Corporate Europe Observatory, Brussels
- Roger Domingo, Support Centre for Land Change (SCLC), South Africa
Facilitation: Dipti Bhatnagar, Friends of the Earth Mozambique
When: Thursday, 9 November 2017, 16:45-18:15
Where: Meeting Room 10 (200), UNFCCC Bonn Zone (accreditation for Side events obligatory)
Organisation: Friends of the Earth International (FOEI), Food and Water Watch (FWW), United Kingdom Youth Climate Coalition Limited (UKYCC), Corporate Europe Observatory (CEO) – with support from the Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung Brussels Office