Call for Tenders: Relaunch of the website
The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung (RLS) is an internationally operating, left, non-profit organisation for civic education affiliated with Germany’s “Die Linke” (Left Party). Active since 1990, the foundation has been committed to the analysis of social and political processes and developments worldwide. We work in favour of a more just world system based on international solidarity.
The RLS Brussels Office is a think tank that addresses European and international issues from a left-wing perspective and promotes political education through its activities. It plans to award a contract for the relaunch of its website www.rosalux.eu and is seeking tenders from interested agencies.
The aim is to have an up-to-date website that combines additional functionality with a coherent structure, clear design and intuitive operation, while also being flexible and future-proof in adapting to new trends. Ideally, you will have experience working with political education actors such as non-governmental organisations, non-profit organisations or charities/associations.
- Redesign our trilingual website (German/English/Spanish) in the form of a content management system (currently TYPO3);
- Design, develop and implement the website in line with our content specifications and corporate design;
- User training or an online manual for the CMS should be provided, if necessary;
- Subsequent system service, including maintenance, servicing and support for quality assurance over an agreed period of time, also forms part of the contract.
The target outcome is a user-friendly website with a functional design. It is particularly important for us that the website is (1) fully responsive, (2) search engine optimised and (3) as accessible as possible.
Our target audience is political multipliers and interested members of the public. The RLS Brussels Office works with the GUE/NGL group in the European Parliament in Brussels as well as activists, trade unionists, academics and civil society organisations throughout Europe and internationally.
- A complete graphic redesign is not needed, but suggestions for optimised imagery and alternative colour concepts are welcome;
- Most of the navigation, including the newsletter function, search function, breadcrumbs and clean URLs, is to be retained, along with the existing content;
- Some of the layout and structure will need to be expanded and technical tools added;
- The classic elements of the website structure will be supplemented by a drop-down menu, prominently located buttons featuring up-to-date content, a word cloud, an easy read section and possibly an interactive map of Europe or the world and a Facebook plugin;
- Multimedia content is to be given greater prominence and integrated with other content;
- GDPR-compliant analytics software should be incorporated to enable anonymous data collection;
- Any other suggestions on ways to improve the information architecture will be gratefully received.
Selection will take place in March with a provisional contract award date of 1 April 2019. Detailed concept development and project planning will then take place, in coordination with RLS Brussels. The fully functional website should be ready to go live in late summer or autumn.
Deadline for applications is Monday, 4 March 2019, 1.00 p.m. (CET). Please email your full application to:
Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung, Brussels Office
Alexandra Spaeth, PR Manager
Your tender should include the following:
- Strong portfolio;
- Concept with sample visuals;
- Comprehensible price quote for each work step and the monthly system service;
- Rough time schedule taking into account the different stages of development and implementation, including the correction and testing phases;
- References from other organisations, preferably in the socio-political sphere.
Should you require any further information, please contact Alexandra Spaeth by email.