Vacancy: Project Manager in Great Britain
The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung is looking for a Project Manager (permanent, full-time). The position is
located in London. The Project Region includes GB and Ireland. Start of employment is 1st September
The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung is a German Political Foundation that operates both nationally and internationally. In keeping its eponym, it is committed on the thought and action of the socialist activist Rosa Luxemburg. Our work seeks to support emancipatory political actors, and help forge alternative social models founded on democratic socialist values.
We support activities that critically engage with economic policies, EU-Integration, Feminism, Migration, Antifascism and History. We work to promote peace, democracy, social justice and democratic socialism.
Your tasks include
- Preparing, implementing and evaluating projects and events of left political education in the above mentioned fields and managing their funding,
- Preparing reports and detailed documentation on the events, along with materials and articles for PR purposes,
- Supporting partners in the preparation of projects, events and researches including administration and full documentation procedures,
- Cooperation and maintaining contacts with institutions, NGOs, Initiatives and other partners,
- Working with partners to produce studies on relevant political issues, including administrative tasks and detailed documentation,
- Performing general office tasks.
What we require
- Relevant academic background and/or relevant working experience,
- Demonstrated experience in project management and event organization, particularly in collaboration with NGOs, social movements and other political/civil society players including administrative handling, planning, organizing, reporting and documentation,
- Very good knowledge of the political landscape in Great Britain and Ireland especially on left actors and policies,
- Good computer skills and willingness to handle new project management software, familiarity with social media is a plus,
- Good command of German is a plus,
- Inter-cultural competence,
- Strong communication and organizational skills - independently and within a team, collegiality is essential,
- Willingness and availability to travel and to occasionally work on weekends and evenings,
- Identification with the values of the Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung.
What we offer
- A diverse field of responsibility with great potential for creativity and development,
- A broad international network of RLS-offices and partners,
- An open minded and friendly work environment,
- Annual Salary around 40.000 GBP.
Please send your detailed job application including a motivation letter an CV, University Diploma respectively profession certificates and reference’s by email (preferably in one file) until 15th May 2019 by e-mail to: dorit.riethmueller(at)rosalux(dot)org.
Receipt of applications will not be acknowledged. Job Interviews will take place on Friday, 24th May 2019 in London by notification/invitation. The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung is an equal opportunities employer.
Want to know more about us?