Call for Tenders: Lobbying Practices of the Car Industry
The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung is an internationally operating non-profit organization for civic education affiliated with Germany’s Left Party. It is a discussion forum for progressive political alternatives and a center for critical thinking and research both in Germany and throughout the world. The Brussels Office operates as a think tank reflecting on European and international issues of today’s society.
The tender is for a service to produce a readily understandable text of 35.000–40.000 characters (including spaces) about lobbying practices of the car industry on EU level and the implications for leftist progressive politics on mobility. Other recent studies and researches can and should be used for the text, but should be complemented by a political analysis of possibilities for progressive actors on mobility, climate change, environment and a general social-ecological transformation of traffic and mobility.
The planned new publication will be a short brochure that is meant to circulate among an interested public to inform about power politics of the European car industry as well as to discuss possible entry points for change. The text shall be made available in three or four different languages (EN, ES, FR, GER; realized by us). The text should result in an informative brochure outlining briefly but clearly and comprehensively the present topic. The brochure will be published in print form and online.
- Solid professional skills in journalistic research and writing
- Relevant work experience and previous work experience in similar writing projects, preferably with left-wing political orientation
- Theoretical background knowledge on one or more of the following thematic areas: European politics, lobbying, mobility, regulation on CO2 and NOx emissions, car industry or trade union perspectives
- Basic knowledge of the current discussions around social-ecological transformation
- Excellent English or German language skills, a fluent and target group-specific writing style and the ability to become quickly familiar with new topics
- Familiarity with leftist positions as well as critical and progressive thinking
Terms of reference
The scope of work includes two main areas: firstly, presenting the findings on the influence of the car industry (manufacturers, suppliers, related branches, trade unions, etc.) on EU policy regarding CO2 and NOx emissions and other environmental concerns; secondly, developing a political analysis about possible entry points and interventions for leftist actors working on mobility and a social-ecological change in the traffic area. Details of the scope can be discussed. The text should be written in English or German, it can contain up to a maximum 40.000 characters (including spaces).
Applications should be submitted in English or German and include a CV, writing samples as well as a proposal for remuneration. Please send applications by email to Janna Aljets (Janna.Aljets(at)rosalux(dot)org) and Alexandra Spaeth (Alexandra.Spaeth(at)rosalux(dot)org). Deadline is 04th of November. If you have any questions, please contact us.
The contract will apply from 07/11/2018 and expire on 09/12/2018.
The contract is not renewable. An invoice must be sent to Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung after completion of all contractual services agreed.