Call For Tenders: The Impact of Industry 4.0 on Labour
The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung is an internationally operating non-profit organisation for civic education affiliated with Germany’s Left Party. It is a discussion forum for progressive political alternatives and a centre for critical thinking and research both in Germany and throughout the world. The Brussels Office operates as a think tank reflecting on European and international issues of today’s society.
The tender is for a service to produce a readily understandable text of 35.000–40.000 characters (including spaces) on the basis of a study recently completed. The study is about the impact of Industry 4.0 on labour conditions, focusing on Italian companies. A short version of 45.000 characters (including spaces) is available, the long version consists 500.000 characters (including spaces).
The planned new publication will be a short brochure that is meant to circulate among an interested public to inform about current challenges of Industry 4.0 on labour conditions as well as to discuss possible solutions from a left perspective. The text shall be made available in four different languages (EN, ES, GER, IT; realized by us). The text should result in an informative brochure outlining briefly but clearly and comprehensively the present topic. The brochure will be published in print form and online.
- Solid professional skills in journalistic research and writing
- Relevant work experience and previous work experience in similar writing projects, preferably with left-wing political orientation
- Theoretical background knowledge on one or more of the following thematic areas: European politics, industrial policy, human–machine relation, digitisation, value chains, trade unions or working conditions
- Basic knowledge of the current discussions around social-ecological transformation
- Excellent English language skills, a fluent and target group-specific writing style and the ability to become quickly familiar with new topics
- Familiarity with leftist positions as well as critical and progressive thinking
Terms of reference
The scope of work includes two main areas: firstly, presenting the complex issues of the study in a comprehensible form to the non-academic public and formulating key messages; secondly, developing a political analysis for the possible future of industry and sketching a vision for left-wing political development. The text should be written in English or German, it can contain up to a maximum 40.000 characters (including spaces).
Applications should be submitted in English or German and include a CV, writing samples as well as a proposal for remuneration. Please send applications by email to Janna Aljets (Janna.Aljets(at)rosalux(dot)org) and Alexandra Spaeth (Alexandra.Spaeth(at)rosalux(dot)org). Deadline is 04th of November. If you have any questions, please contact us.
The contract will apply from 07/11/2018 and expire on 09/12/2018.
The contract is not renewable. An invoice must be sent to Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung after completion of all contractual services agreed.