Call for Tenders: Creation of photos and videos for the Coca-Cola conference in Paris
About the project
The Brussels Office of the Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung (RLS) is holding an international conference in collaboration with trade unions from France (CGT) and Germany (NGG) on 27 and 28 November in Paris. Participants include Coca-Cola employees from around the world. We will bring together workers’ representatives, trade unionists, social movements and academics.
The purpose of this conference is to discuss the common problems and struggles facing Coca-Cola workers and to show solidarity with all Coca-Cola employees. The participants will mainly be trade unionists and workers’ representatives who will meet to share their experiences of their struggles as well as their successes and difficulties in their dealings with the transnational corporation Coca-Cola. The aim of the conference is to strengthen the workers' rights of Coca-Cola employees through international solidarity.
We are currently accepting bids from professional photographers and videographers with experience in documenting social movements in order to record the proceedings for future broadcast on our social media networks and archival purposes. The videos should be created in close collaboration with the responsible project manager at Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung.
- Consultation with RLS Brussels on the composition and direction of the documentary
- Site visit before the event to go over technical requirements, as well as the setup of sound, lighting and video
- Photo and video documentation of the conference, selected interviews with participants and B-roll shots of guests in coffee breaks and socialising
- Creation of photo and video materials as specified below:
2.1) Video documentation about 20 minutes long, including video recordings of the conference and animated infographics as well as 3–4 short video interviews about 2-3 minutes long
2.2) Shareables for our social media channels, each about 20-30 seconds long, quantity upon consultation
2) Infographics as image files for our social media channels, quantity upon consultation, background information will be given from RLS Brussels
3) About 20–30 photos from the conference
- Relevant work experience as a photographer and videographer
- Good, proven track record of working independently and meeting deadlines
- Identification with the aims of the Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung
What we offer
- An opportunity to work with one of the world's largest left-wing organisations
- A contract to work and provide services from 15 November to 16 December 2019
- Appropriate remuneration paid in one instalment
- A binding commitment to the job will be made on 6 November 2019
- The finished products must be submitted by Monday, 16 December 2019 at the latest
After completion of services
- RLS Brussels will be invoiced after the agreed services have been provided
- Applicants are advised that there are no plans to renew the contract
Since prospective photographers and videographers are expected to stay on site during the conference, RLS Brussels will cover costs associated with travel and accommodations. In the bid, please include a detailed statement of cost.
Please e-mail a comprehensive CV, links to work samples and references, a statement of cost and a letter specifying how your profile meets the specified criteria to alexandra.spaeth(at)rosalux(dot)org by 13:00 CET on Monday, 4 November 2019.